By Karimah Bint Dawoud, qualified Clinical Nutritionist and award winning writer. ” Sacred Sunnah Superfoods, an Illustrated Guide to Quranic Foods” is the name of her latest book.
Banana is the first Quranic Food mentioned in the new book, for the mean time we are focussing on healthy ways that we can include banana in our diet.
Bananas (or talh) are a sacred fruit that deserve to be redefined and given the reverence they deserve. They are sweet creamy fruits in little yellow jackets, making them a perfect fast foods.
SURAH/CHAPTER 56: AYAH/VERSE 29 Surat Al-Wāqi`ah (The Inevitable)
“Among banana-trees with fruits piled one above another” [56:29]
GOLDEN BOWL BANANA AND GINGER SMOOTHIE
This smoothie is good for your bones, skin, hair and nails. Its also good for boosting your immune system and giving your brain food. Dry nuts and seeds are only in foto as decoration, For optimum nutrition soak them over night
Makes 1 large glass
• 1 banana
• 1 tablespoon flax seeds soaked in 235ml/1 cup of water the night before making or 6 hours
• 1tablespoon pumpkins seeds soaked overnight in 235 ml water
• 3 flat tsp. chia seeds soaked overnight in 235 ml water
• 1 flat tsp. turmeric powder
• 1 small pinch of pepper to activate the curcumin in turmeric
• 3 flat tsp, maca powder to combat stress and balance hormones(optional)
• 1 x 3 cm piece fresh ginger, grated for energy and anti inflammatory
• 1 flat tsp. Cinnamon, anti-oxidant, anti –inflammatory,blood thinner; check with doctor if you are on blood thinning medication.
• 1 tbsp. Honey (optional)
• Wash the ginger and banana
• Take any crusty bits off the ginger and chop into chunks and place in blender
• Peel banana and place in blender
• Add to the blender the chia seeds in water, flaxseeds in water and pumpkin seeds in water.
• Add the super food powders; turmeric , cinnamon, pepper and maca if your hormones need help or you are under stress or training.
- Finally add honey if you need more energy or your immune system needs a boost
- Blend together for about 30 seconds to make sure the ginger and seeds are blended well in.
- Alhamdulillah you finally have a great smoothie that will not only boost your immune system but will also be great for your skin, hair , joints and nails