Karimah bint Dawoud qualified Clinical Nutritionist and Award winning writer, “Heavenly Bites, The Best of Muslim Home Cooking” Kube Publisher.
As salaamu alaikum
This recipe uses 3 Quranic Foods, water, ginger and honey and is dedicated to Sheikh Wasim Kempson, Sheikh Sajid Umar, Sheikh Halima Krausen, Sheikh Kamal Al Mekki, Sheikh Abdur Rahman Green and others , in shaa allah this drink will benefit you all.
FIRE WATER SHEIKH
So many of us have come to ride the white sugar roller coaster of fizzy drinks and sweets as a means of arousing our energy levels. Some hyper hyper people live on a diet of sugary pastries and coffee to keep going but don’t see how these stimulants take you so high that you may become emotionally intense and then drop you without a care.
I know global trotting shuyukh that bull dose their way through lecture tours on candy coated junk and energy drinks to keep them going. Tours are tough but good Quranic nutrition is a must, especially if you are teaching about Islam.
Fatigue can be torture and most of us need stimulants at some point. However next to nature stimulants are always better for the soul. This invigorating watery drink is fired up with ginger and honey both mentioned in the Quran as well as lemon which is mentioned in the Sunnah. This recipe is my humble offering to all of my teachers; wonderful, warm shuyukh, male and female, who travel round the globe sharing their knowledge and experience with the masses.
Surat/Chapter8, Ayat/Verse 1
“(Remember) when He covered you with a slumber as a security from Him, and He caused water (rain) to descend on you from the sky, to clean you thereby and to remove from you the Rijz (whispering, evil-suggestions, etc.) of Shaitân (Satan), and to strengthen your hearts, and make your feet firm thereby.
Surah Al Insaan(Mankind)chapter 76, verse 17
“And they will be given to drink a cup [of wine] whose mixture is of ginger”
In Surah 47, Muĥammad (Muhammad) ayat/ verse 15
“ The description of Paradise which the Muttaqûn (pious — see V.2:2) have been promised is that in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine delicious to those who drink; and rivers of clarified honey (clear and pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit; and forgiveness from their Lord. (Are these) like those who shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels? “
This recipe is packed with natural electrolyte minerals, Alhamdulillah maasha’Allah
You will need a jug blender, cutting board, sharp knife, a sieve, piece of muslin cloth about 50cm square at least, a couple of glass bottle for storage of drink.
- 10cm long piece of fresh root ginger, vitamin B6, copper, manganese, magnesium, potassium
- 1 whole unwaxed lemon, vitamin c, calcium, potassium, sodium
- 1 tablespoon of honey, vitamin b, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional), calcium, iron, manganese.
- 1 litre water
- Say “ bismillah”
- Wash the ginger and cut off earthy bits or crusty dried out pieces
- Chop ginger coarsely and place in blender, it’s not necessary to peel skin; we are dealing with whole foods remember.
- Place in jug blender
- Wash thoroughly the whole lemon and cut into quarters, skin and all and place in blender.
- Add 1 litre of water
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Blend a few minutes in blender till ginger and lemon become tiny particles.
- Pour into covered container and ideally leave to stand in cool place (less than 10degrees C) or in fridge overnight. Best left in cool place so it can ferment. We have a section of fermenting which is a bit of a dubious words for Muslims concerned with fermentation of alcohol. Leaving something overnight will not cause alcohol to form.
- The following day, strain liquid through muslin or other natural fabric cloth draped over sieve, that over a bowl. Pick up corner of cloth and squeeze juice out of pulp mixture.
- Pour resulting liquid back into blender and add honey to taste and blend.
- We usually decant into tall glass bottles covered with muslin clothe and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This juice is worth realigning your taste buds for, remember something along these lines but better is served in paradise .It will stimulate your energy in a much kinder , more beneficial way than coffee, tea or any energy drink and will have much more positive effects on the other organs of your body. Alhamdulillah Life is good.