GINGER STOMACH UPSET
As salaam alaikum honeys, bunnies and lions,
I was woken this morning so early before Fajr prayer with terrible cramps in my stomach, spent longer than usual in the toilet and realised I had food poisoning.
Me food poisoning from what?
Would you believe it- bean shoots? I thought it was the excess fibre as I ate loads of them last night with stir and salon.
in 2011 The Guardian newspaper said,
“A US study in 1999 after a series of salmonella and E coli outbreaks involving raw bean sprouts warned that they should not be eaten by young children, the very old or those with compromised immune systems. … “As long as you know that there might be a food poisoning risk associated with bean sprouts, that’s up to you.” the guardian 6 Jun 2011.
We are not going to dwell on the problem but find the solution
Straight away I knew I needed ginger in my system
Ginger is one of the foods that Allah specifically mentioned in the Quran and for good reason as it has so many health benefits.
Surah Al Insaan(Mankind)chapter 76, verse 17
“And they will be given to drink a cup [of wine] whose mixture is of ginger”
Abu Nu’aym (ra) mentions from hadith of Abu Sa’id Al Khadri (ra) “ the king of the Byzantium s sent the prophet Muhammad, salah la alaihi wa salem, a jar of ginger , so he gave each person a piece to eat and he gave me”
“GINGER” illustration, taken from my new nutritions colouring book , SACRED SUNNAH SUPERFOODS, available directly from Karimah’s Cuisina.
GINGER CLINICAL NUTRITION.
Ginger tea contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds beneficial to health such as caffeic acid, beta-carotene, curcumin, salicylate, gingerols and capsaicin.
• Ginger has been used for its health benefits for over 5000 years and is a favorite medicinal as well as culinary herb.
• Ginger is heating and not suitable for those hot temperaments, suffering diseases as a result of excesses of heat; psoriasis, sun stroke, hot flushes, unless balance with plenty of cooling foods like cucumber, lettuce, peaches and apricot .
• Ginger acts as an antihistamine and aids in the treatment of allergies.
• Ginger displays anti inflammatory properties and can be used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and various other muscular pain and disorders.
• Ginger contains anti viral, anti toxic, and anti fungal properties, and is used for the prevention of and treatment against the common cold.
• Ginger has been proven (in multiple studies) to treat feelings of nausea, particularly in the form of seasickness, morning sickness, motion sickness and as a side effect of chemotherapy.
• Ginger can lower blood sugars and combat heart disease risk factors
CHAI MASALA RECIPE
• 1/2 cinnamon stick
• 3-5cm piece of fresh ginger chopped
• 7 cloves
• 1-3 star anise
• 7 cardamoms
• place in a small to medium saucepan with 3-5 cups of water
• boil for 5-15 minutes
• add tea or pour this liquid over tea bag in a cup
• this is not the traditional way where tea and milk are added to the spiced water in the pot and allowed to simmer on a low heat till it becomes a little creamy.
• as i said diary on an upset stomach is not correct.
Here are some useful links for scientific studies on the use of ginger for nausea, morning sickness, nausea that is side effect of chemotherapy and vomiting and diarrhoea