Soup is so easy as long as you have someone to cut the vegetables 🙂
it’s also so quick.
10ml cold press virgin olive oil
1 red onion or white
1-5 cloves of garlic peeled
1 medium sweet potato
5 dry lime leaves
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 – 1 tsp of black pepper or chilli
1 tsp turmeric/haldi/curcumin its all the same
1/2 can of coconut milk/cream
- we always start with clean hands, hair tied back and say “bismillair (in the name of God)
- in a medium size pot on medium heat add measured 10 ml oil
- add washed peeled and diced onion
- peel and chop garlic and set aside while you wash peel and chop sweet potato and carrots, then add garlic and veggies to onions which have started to caramelize, stir and stir occasionally like every few minutes.
- add crush limes leaves, stir
- add sea salt and spices, stir
- add boiled water enough to cover veggie mix completely
- Bring to boil then turn down heat and cover for 20 minutes keeping an eye on it.
- Turn off and let cool before blending. We use a hand held blender for this or jug blender. If you don’t have blender use potato masher and do you best to blend veggies into liquid
- add 1/2 regular can of coconut milk, you could use block coconut cream.
- warm up on low heat stirring occasionally
- serve with sprinkled herbs, we use parsley and a little apple cidar vinegar, bon appetit!
LIMES LEAVES, VEGGIES, ONIONS AND GARLIC SAUTEING IN POT