NATURAL ISLAMIC REMEDIES FOR COUGHS,
by Karimah bint Dawoud, qualified clinical nutritionist .
You will need to cut out read meat, diary and junk food, it takes too much energy for the body to digest as well as fight the virus
You will need on your shopping list;
• Ajwain seeds
• Black pepper
• Black seed oil
• White dry figs
There are a number of natural remedies to treat coughs and cold without bothering your GP or Accident and Emergency Service.
Honey and Lemon
• Give the whole lemon a good scrub and cut into 4 pieces and place in small saucepan
• Add cold water and boil for at least 5 minutes making sure to top up water
• Pour liquid into a cup and leave to cool till warm then add a tea spoon of honey
• You need to be patient and wait till the hot drink cools or you will destroy the good enzymes in the honey by the boiled liquid
Coffee with Black Seed oil
• Make your coffee the regular way you do
• Add 1 teaspoon of black seed oil
• Add a cup of your milk of choice; organic cows milk, goats milk, soya milk, nut milk, into a small saucepan
• Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of black pepper
• Optional you can add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and ginger powder
• Heat gently for 5 minutes
• Pour liquid into cup and leave to cool before adding honey
Smudging with Ajwain Seeds
Ajwain is also known as ajowan, ooman, ajman , carom or bishops weed and originates in India. The leaves and the “seed” like fruit are used.
• Take 10ml ,that’s 2 teaspoons of the seeds and place in clean small frying pan or tawa
• turn the heat on and stir with wooden spoon or spatula as the pan is heating up
• they will start to cook and pop releasing oil that turns to smoke.
• Using the palm of your hand, waft the smoke towards the direction of your mouth and inhale the aroma, you will feel it ” kick” the back of your throat,
• You can leave it at that or place seeds in milk saucepan with cup of milk, I use soya and 1 teaspoon of haldi/tumeric .
• Cook on a very low heat for 5-10 minutes, to infuse the seeds into milk , strain and serve with 1 teaspoon of honey, take morning and night and in shaa Allah the cough should be gone soon.
Here’s a list of more #remedies of this powerful plant:-
#acidity #asthma #constipation #liver and #kidney problems #colds #itching #boils #eczema #menstruation excessive bleeding #arthritis #weightloss
Dried White Figs
According to classical Islamic scholar Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah (ra) dried white figs are good for chest cold and throat infections. From personal experience , this remedy stopped my consistent coughing, alhmdulilah