Basil Salada Tricolore……..
Basil is the fragrant herb that flavours this salad.This amazing superfood has so many healthful benefits.
Basil contains a unique combination of chemicals generally known as flavonoids.
The flavanoids in basil are called Orientin and vicenin are two water-soluble flavonoids that have been of particular interest in basil, and in studies on human white blood cells; these components of basil protect cell structures as well as chromosomes from radiation and oxygen-based damage.
They protect the cells of the body from radiation damage and oxidation, which includes anti-aging.
We have to remember in these salad herbs they contain essential volatile oils and these essential oils can break into thousands of small molecules that get distributed around the body even at cellular level.
The essential oils contained in basil are anti-bacterial.
These oils are so powerful that they are able to combat bacteria that have become resistant to anti-biotics maasha’Allah.
The essential oils in basil are also an anti-inflammatory.
This is traditionally an Italian salad, however this could easily be disputed by Middle Eastern and Asian nations. The delicate balance of cheese, fruit and herbs plus bread is as ancient as time it’s self.
Please choose your quantities according to your guests.
• Mozzarella cheese,
• Olive oil
• Black pepper
• Sea salt/kosher salt
• Basil herb fresh and dry
Islamically soft white unsalty cheese is the best to eat according to Islamic medicine classical scholar Ibn Jawziyyah. The scholar Ibn al-Qayyim in his Prophetic medicine said regarding cheese:
“The moist unsalted cheese is good for the stomach and passes easily into the organs; it increases the flesh and softens the belly in a moderate way. Salted cheese is less nutritious; it is bad for the stomach and harmful to the intestines. Old cheese restricts the belly, as does grilled cheese, and is good for ulcers and prevents diarrhea.”
• Mix black pepper, salt and dry basil with equal parts of olive oil and apple cider vinegar.You could add fresh garlic and fresh green chilli to taste.
• Leave this vinaigrette to give the herbs the time to infuse into the dressing while you prepare the rest of the salad
• Remove mozzarella cheese from the water it comes with and slice into smaller pieces
• Wash and slice the tomatoes
• Wash and cut in half long ways the avocado, remove the stone and scoop out flesh from both sides using a large spoon and cut into slices about 1/2cm thick ideally.
• Wash and dry the herbs, you can be as generous as you like with the fresh basil as it has so many healthful benefits, Alhamdulillah, praise The Creator Allah.
• shredded the fresh basil leaves.
• Arrange the cheese, tomatoes and avocado however you wish
• Spoon over the vinaigrette
• Sprinkle with herbs
• Enjoy alone, with another salad or wholegrain bread.
BASIL….sacred super food…..antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, good for heart health, combats stress,fever reducer,immune booster, diabetes preventer.