The Arabic word is sidr (سدر ). It is a plant that bears berries of yellow and orange to dark purple color. Some say it is a metaphorical, or heavenly, plant that doesn’t exist on Earth (lote-tree).
Buckthorn is one of the #superfoods mentioned in the #quran , interrelated to the #grape And #lotetree, which are also mentioned in the Quran.
It is mentioned 4 times in the Quran.
“But they turned away (from the obedience of God), so We sent against them Sail Al-‘Arim (flood released from the dam), and We converted their two gardens into gardens producing bitter bad fruit, and tamarisks, and some few lote-trees.” Quran chapter 34: verse16]
In an every day context the berries can be used in the diet, we use them in smoothies, soaked over night to soften them.
Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae Rhamnoides) is a super fruit full of all the Omegas – 3, 6, 9 and the rare 7, as well as a host of antioxidants and other healing nutrients. It has been used to heal psoriasis and make skin glow, boost immunity, slow aging, and lower cholesterol, but it also has numerous other qualities that make it a superior source of vitamins and minerals we all need. Read below to learn about the various health benefits of sea buckthorn.
Sea buckthorn has multiple uses due to its protein building amino acids, vitamins B1, B2, K, C, A, E, and folic acid, over 60 antioxidants, at least 20 minerals, and healthy fatty acids. The fruit is full of carotenoids, xanthophylls, phenolics, and flavanoids, too. Its an absolute power house of nutrients!
The leaves, berries and roots can all be used in different forms. It is a complete food that can support the body in all the following ways:
- Treats gastrointestinal disorders including ulcers
- Reverses gout
- Eliminates skin rashes
- Cures infections
- Improves sight, lessens eye soreness
- Promotes colon health
- Contributes to proper brain and nervous system functioning
- Reduces inflammatory response in the body
- Improves mental clarity
- Treats asthmatic symptoms
- Reduces skin markings associated with measles or mumps
- Reduces illness associated with cancer
- Lowers cholesterol
- Boosts lymphatic circulation and immunity
- Reduces hunger (due to Omega 7s)
- Improves the look of skin and hair (also due to Omega 7, 3, 6, and 9s)
- Neutralizes free radicals in the body
- Slows the aging process
- Supports internal organs
- Boost health of the mucous membranes lining the digestive and respiratory tracts
- Supports urogential system
- Reduces the condition of a fatty liver
- Helps to increase cellular vitality
Reference the following web site, it is really good, allahu allaum