10 Reasons Why You Should Drink Warm Lemon Water in the Morning
Every morning , after prayer, I drink room temperature water with fresh lemon juice and this is why…
- Boosts your immune system Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They are high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
- Balances pH Drink lemon water every day and you will reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes lemons have citric acid but it doesn’t create acidity in the body once metabolized.
- Helps with weight loss Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.
- Promotes digestion Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
- It is a diuretic Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are released at faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
- Clears the skin The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Warm lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. You can apply it directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.
- Freshens breath Not only that, it can also help relive tooth pain and gingivitis. Careful though….the citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so monitor the amount you are drinking.
- Relives respiratory problems Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and coughs. It’s known to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies as well.
- Keeps you Zen Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you are under stress.
- Helps kick the coffee habit After taking a glass of warm lemon water, you will have less craving for coffee in the morning.
So why does the water have to be warm not cold? Cold water likely provides a shock or stress factor to the body. Your body has to expel energy to process the cold water. Read more at http://www.activevegetarian.com/health-benefits-of-drinking-lemon-water#4b1YPIby8yQ7vVqg.99