Good for your Heart,Salmon With Spicy Sauce, Beetroot And Avocado Salad , Also Good For Your Heart.
Salmon With Ginger, Garlic, Basil Sauce.
Fish is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids that protect your heart by reducing both inflammation and the risk of blood clots. These fats also work to keep your cholesterol levels healthy. Eat salmon or other oily ocean fish like tuna, sardines or herring at least two times per week. For a heart-healthy meal, try grilled salmon steaks with a green vegetable and a side salad with a sprinkling of lemon juice instead of high-calorie salad dressing
You can prepare this now for later
Serves 2 Persons
This garlic ginger salmon recipe is a great example of how Asian flavors really enhance this fish. this is a quick healthy recipe that’s good for your heart
Makes 2 Servings
- salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger (I’m cheating using paste from jar)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic ( I’m cheating using paste from jar)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 green chilli chopped or 1 /2 tsp hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tea spoon of dry(optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon vegetable oil
- Add all the ingredients, except the salmon and oil, into a small bowl, and mix to combine.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt.
- put salmon in plastic box that has lid
- pour all marinade mixture(the herbs, soya sauce, rice vinegar etc over it)
- turn the salmon pieces over and leave in fridge over night or do it before you go to work or at least 30 minutes before you are ready to grill or fry on griddle pan.
- any leftover sauce in the box can be heated in a small pan , keep stirring till it thicken like runny honey and serve with meal,
- when you are ready to cook, heat the griddle after brushing it with sunflower oil ,
- when the oil starts smoking turn the griddle down and place the fish on it and leave on a low heat for about 10 minutes. Do not turn before hand or it will stick,
- turn over and repeat, if you ahad thick filets you may need 5 minutes on each side with skin.
- ideally I would eat this with cooked spinach or beetroot salad and avocado