USE OF THE DRY HERB SAGE
by Karimah bint Dawoud, muslim chaplain & well being writer
Hadith – Sahih Bukhari, Book 25, Number 5466, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah
Allah’s Messenger said: There is a remedy for every malady, and when the remedy is applied to the disease it is cured with the permission of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious.
Sage is one of the great herbs for problems with the throat, it’s also good for memory retention.
Use 1 tea spoon of dry sage to 1 cup of hot water and mix together in tea pot or some sort of pot with lid and leave to brew without fire, after 5 minutes strain and serve with honey to taste.
Make a larger quantity same ration and leave to go cold, strains and place in bottle with cap on , leave in bathroom, every time the sick person does wudu they can gargle with it.
Sage will make enamel of sink brown so make sure they rinse sink straight away.
1) Do not use this herb during pregnancy due to the volatile oil thujone, which has emmenogogue and arbortifacient effects.
2) Do not use this herb during lactation as it reduces milk production.
3) Do not use this herb long term, as it may induce epileptiform cramps.
4) Do not combine this herb with Warfarin and other anticoagulant medication, due to its coumarin-like content which may cause bleeding, although no specific studies have been carried out on this herb.
5) Caution should be shown while using this herb due to its thujone content. ESCOP.
THIS IS AN AMZING HERBAL MEDCINE SITE MASHALLAH