by Karimah bint Dawoud,muslim chaplain & well being writer.
Should you want to use any of the fotos without the logo, just write to us, thank you.
As you know I hate waste and we recycle our kitchen waste; egg shells, tes bags and peelings, at our local community garden. About once a month we make a cake or cakes and share with the garden’s volunteers. This months is my easy but spicey banana and raisin cake.
KARIMAH’ S SPICEY BANANA CAKE -its so easy!
We are not out of the woods yet when it come to cold, I know last night I was freezing, adding tumeric , ginger and cinnamon to food at this time of the year provides anti-inflammatory support as well making it taste nice and spicy
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
200g self raising flour
1 Tsp Tumeric
1 Tsp Ginger
1 Handful Of Raisins
60ml soya milk
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well. 3. Add the egg, mix well.
4. measure the flour , add the spices and raisins and stir together.
5. add banana butter sugar mix to flour and mix together, finally add the milk.
5line a loaf tin with lining paper, and pour in mixture.
6. Bake at 150 C fan oven , 170 C regular, Gas mark 3, for 35 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and place on heat proof place to cool. serve on its own with a nice cup of tea or coffee or as dessert with ice -cream…hmmm!