FOODS OF THE NOBLE QURAN AND SUNNAH MELON AND DATES
by Karimah bint Dawoud, Muslim chaplain and well being writer
WATERMELON, KIWI, BANANA AND PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE.
Watermelon can be juiced, skin as well which is full of vitamins and minerals.
Watermelon is not only great on a hot summer day, this delectable thirst-quencher may also help quench the inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis.
Water melon juice is the perfect Sunnah accompaniment to dates when breaking fast, in Ibn Qayim Al Jawziyyah ,Medicine of the Prophet , salah la alaihi wa salem, its says, the Rasoul, the Messenger, used to eat melon with dates to balance out the effects of these foods, date are hot and moist while melon is cool and wet.
He also ate cucumbers with dates.
Of dates, the hadith are as follows.
- Allah’s Messenger said: A family which has dates will not be hungry. Muslim, Narrated Aisha, r.a.
- The Prophet said: For him who say: Holy is Allah and to Him belongs all praise, a date tree is planted in Paradise Transmitted Tirmidhi
- The ajwah dates come from Paradise, and they are a remedy for poison. Narrated Abu Huraira, Transmitted Tirmidhi, a hasan tradition
- The Prophet said: When one of you is fasting, he should break his fast with dates; but if he cannot get any, then (he should break his fast) with water, for water is purifying. Abud Dawud, Narrated Salman ibn Amir
- The Prophet said, “If somebody takes some ‘Ajwa dates every morning, he will not be effected by poison or magic on that day till night.” (Another narrator said seven dates) Bukhari 7:663, Narrated Saud
And of watermelon with dates, the hadith is as follows
He, Apostle of Allah used to eat melon with fresh dates, and he used to say: The heat of the one is broken by the coolness of the other, and the coolness of the one by the heat of the other. Abu Dawud, Narrated Aisha