By Karimah Bint Dawoud, Muslim Chaplain & Well Being Writer.
As you open the fridge staring at loads of veggies you mumble to yourself
“What shall i eat?”
When you come home from work or been out all day and haven’t taken anything out of the freezer what can you do? you don’t fancy doing anything too creative or exciting as you are so tired. Should you get a take away? Go round the kebab shop?
No way, helps is at hand, in the form of salmon and rocket lasagna, thanks to trendy chefs it’s not longer necessary to layer and baked lasagna for ages, you can just boil and layer it with veggies and sauces.
Tin of salmon or tuna
Dry herbs….dill, tarragon, basil oregano? do you have at least one of them? If not you really need to start reading this blog a bit more and buying some stand by stuff.
Black pepper salt
A little sunflower or vegetable oil
Pasta, we are using wheat free but use whatever suits you
Cream, we use soya because fish and diary are toxic according to Islamic medicine, after reading an article on soya I am not sure if its any better, still here’s hoping
Leaves……lettuce, rocket, mixed salad bag
• Put the kettle on and boil some water for the pasta
• Meanwhile add about 10ml that 2 te4qasppon of oil to small pan or pot on medium low heat and add chopped garlic 1-3 cloves, at this point you can also
• Open your fish tin quick before the garlic burns
• Add 1 tea spoon of herbs, either 1 teaspoon of mixer or 1 teaspoon of a single herb, we just used dill then add some black pepper.
• Drain oil or brine off fish and add to pan, stir gently
• After 2 minutes add cream and keep heat low
• Add boiling water to saucepan, add a little oil and add pasta, stirring occasionally cook for 10minutes or so
• Drain pasta when cooked
• Layer salad leaves, we used rocket leaves as we had some over From The Farm The City London Event , donated by the Organic Delivery Company.Co.Uk then fish sauce then pasta, keep layering. The leaves wilt from the heat of the hot pasta and sauce, keeping nearly all of their natural organic goodness.
• Sprinkle with a lintel sea salt and drizzle with olive oil
• Bon appétit – you deserve a healthy supper, ENJOY!