My blood type diet has not allows me to have onions or curry for over a week.I think I’m type O but what I do know is I have a blood called “rouleaux” which means that the platelets stick together in chains which makes it difficult to go through arteries. I have had at least one mini stroke TIA.
I had a nutritional blood test in 2009 and really ignored the diet sheet because ti looked too hard.I was really super ill 2 weeks ago and decided I had better knuckle down and give the diet plan a chance especially as I’m dishing out food advice to others.
I have stopped wheat, sugar, coffee, tea,red meat, chicken, eggs. I am not even allowed onion, garlic, chilli and ginger…. and alhmdulilah praise God , I’ve been good,
HEAD COLD VEGAN FOOD
Now I have a head cold and cough and I’m resulting to my cultural remedies of hot spice garlic chilli onions ginger to fight the virus . It is vital like #Ital to eat vegan food when we’re ill because the body needs all its energy to fight the virus not digest #animal products .
These 100% vegan pancakes to go with curried beans are made from
- 1/2 tbsp of soaked flaxseeds in 1/2 cup water (egg replacement)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed milk
- 1 cup of millet flour
- We added 10 ml of ajwain seeds and 10 ml of cumin seeds for extra medical benefits
- Blend ingredients in blender ideally to break down flax seeds
- wipe round small frying pan with kitchen roll or brush with tiny bit of olive oil
- add 1 table spoon of batter and cook on low heat for a few minutes turning frequently
- now millet is not wheat and these pancakes can be a bit soggy on the inside if too much batter is used, but we find if you leave them on a plate after you take them out of the pan they keep on cooking through and get more firm insha’allah
- any left over batter lasts about a week in the fridge in air tight container
#lunch #brunch #bakedbeans #curry #vegan #vegetarian #indianfood #halal #flexitarian #health #healthyfood #wheat free
ITAL IS VITAL…Veggies Burgers…Fresh chopped baby sweetcorn, courgette, broccoli, spices, daniya/corriander, jeera/cumin, ajwain, pepper, sea salt and gram flour.
Add water to make thick batter like thick, thick toothpaste, not too runny but slow moving and shallow fry on very low heat in olive oil. .both sides. .serve with salad and grove dressing .
#health #nutrition #natural #flexitarian #wholefood #vegetarian #vegan #indian #pakora #supper #ital #rasta #roots
5 portions of fruit and vegetables need to be increased.
Scientist are now telling us to eat 800 grammes of fruit and veggies a day and it can be done
It’s got so many benefits to approach life this way…. Recent media articles are encouraging 10 portions of fruit and veggies everyday.
Even if we can’t manage 10 is still good to aspire to.
It can be done by starting th day witha fruit smoothie dairy free, snacking on fruit and having salad with lunch and supper.
Please use the search engine on this blog and write “SMOOTHIES”
#antioxidant #antiviral #immunesystembooster #antiaging #muslims #hijabi #over50 #over50style #health #shape #healthfood